French Twilight for the Modern Game...

Go down

French Twilight for the Modern Game...

Post  Jamie_Alexander on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:29 am

This is the French Twilight build I'm testing for the new format. I played a modified version at the Mind Games casual play last night (everybody was playing with the new list already - we started last week, in fact), playing Card Troopers and Celestia because I didn't have some of the cards (shock horror!), but still thrashed everybody. The extra Necro Gardna and Judgment Dragon, the BLS, as well as the extra backrow hate provided by Heavy Storm and the third MST, just makes Twilight so much more consistent and so much more powerful.

From playing last night, I'm thinking of some things I want to do it, so the list will be a bit messy.

Monsters: 25

3 Judgment Dragon
2 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
2 Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior
2 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
1 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
1 Celestia, Lightsworn Angel/Aurkus, Lightsworn Druid
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
1 Honest
3 Chaos Sorcerer
2 Necro Gardna
2 Tragoedia
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Glow-up Bulb

Spell: 15/14

3 Solar Recharge
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Monster Reincarnation
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Reinforcement of the Army/Trap Dustshoot
1 Monster Reborn
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Charge of the Light Brigade

Trap: 0/1

(1 Trap Dustshoot)

I dropped every possible card that could get it by MST (I kept my own MST's in my hand last night instead of setting them, and it worked amazingly), relying instead of Gardnas, Trag and Gorz for my defense. It's too risky to play Traps this format, but I am considering playing Dustshoot, simply because I can activate before the opponent has a chance to destroy it, or, if I make a good read, wait for them to try to destroy it, then chain it.

I'm not sure if I want to play Celestia or Aurkus. I was playing Celestia last night, and it's occasionally a dead draw due to the low Lightsworn count. It's obviously an amazing card, but I think Aurkus could be the safer option. Twilight is already inconsistent enough without adding more trouble.

-Jamie

P.S. I need one more Ulti Trag, so if anybody has one I'll buy it.
Jamie_Alexander

View user profile http://traditionalformatacademy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: French Twilight for the Modern Game...

Post  Kuraudo on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:30 am

You got two options if you wish to receive help on this deck from Adelaide players.

1) Sign up for Facebook and join the Adelaide Yu-Gi-Oh! group
2) Join the new forum that has been created as the primary home for Adelaide players at yugiohoz.com
Kuraudo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie_Alexander on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:57 am

Kuraudo wrote:You got two options if you wish to receive help on this deck from Adelaide players.

1) Sign up for Facebook and join the Adelaide Yu-Gi-Oh! group
2) Join the new forum that has been created as the primary home for Adelaide players at yugiohoz.com

I don't want help. I don't need help. I only posted the deck because Nick and I were talking on Wednesday, I mentioned it, he wanted to see it, but I can't use my phone to do decklists.

But, seriously? Another forum? That's three, now. Adelaide doesn't need three forums. Just stick with one, for God's sake.

-Jamie
Jamie_Alexander

View user profile http://traditionalformatacademy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuraudo on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:18 pm

Yeah, and this forum has been dead for a long time. We pretty much moved to a better one.

If you don't like the fact that there is a new forum, tough shit.

- Tony
Kuraudo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down