Adelaide Duelists Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Format still Sucks, but Librarian Made it Fun!

2 posters

Go down

This Format still Sucks, but Librarian Made it Fun!  Empty This Format still Sucks, but Librarian Made it Fun!

Post  Jamie_Alexander Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:09 am

Okay, first of all, I would like to say that every single Psychic deck I've seen, without exception, is absolute crap. I don't know what the hell people were thinking when they decided Silent Psychic Wizard was good, or that Reinforced Human Psychic Borg into Psychic Feel Zone was a good combo - no defensive Traps is just asking to get screwed over - high Monster counts and almost no (or bad) combo cards... it's like people have forgotten how to build combo decks!

Now that I got that out of my system, I can move on. I've been testing this deck for the last few weeks, and it is awesome; it consistently makes impenatrable fields consisting of multiple large Monsters and defense - I was playing it last night at Arena, and I made I think the best field yet: T.G. Halberd Cannon, Stardust Dragon, Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier, double Ultimate Axon Kicker, Book of Moon, Solemn Judgment, and double Phoenix Wing Blast (with cards in hand to discard for them), all on my second turn. Even if you don't draw well enough to make the one huge, game-winning field, you can make small plays to stay in the game, so dead-drawing isn't an auto-lose situation like it is in other builds I've seen.

So, without further ado, I present Jamie's Psychic build:

Monster: 14

3 Hushed Psychic Cleric
3 Serene Psychic Witch
2 Esper Girl
2 Doctor Cranium
1 Mind Master
1 Glow-up Bulb
1 Psychic Commander
1 Sangan

Spell: 20

3 Upstart Goblin
3 Pot of Duality
3 D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Miracle Synchro Fusion
1 Telekinetic Power Well
1 Monster Reborn
1 Giant Trunade
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
1 One for One
1 Emergency Teleport

Trap: 6

3 Phoenix Wing Wind Blast
2 Trap Stun
1 Solemn Judgment

Extra: 15

2 Ultimate Axon Kicker
2 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 T.G. Halberd Cannon
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Psychic Life Trancer
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Psychic Nightmare
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Magical Android
1 Armory Arm
1 Formula Synchron
1 <filler>

Until Shooting Quasar Dragon becomes legel, and it replaces the T.G. Halberd Cannon, the last slot in the Exra deck, which will be Shooting Star Dragon, is just something random: I have it as either an Ally of Justice Catastor or a Scrap Dragon at the moment.

As always, question and comments are most welcome.

-Jamie
Jamie_Alexander
Jamie_Alexander

http://traditionalformatacademy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

This Format still Sucks, but Librarian Made it Fun!  Empty Re: This Format still Sucks, but Librarian Made it Fun!

Post  Big_Sav Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:50 am

Haha, Jamie, am i starting to notice spelling errors?

Poor form Razz

Deck looks good, but i feel it's centered on 1 card far too much and with most Decks in the meta maining
1-2 Effect Veiler's, that could be a problem. Have you got any back-up strategies in case Mind Master gets done over?
Big_Sav
Big_Sav

Back to top Go down

This Format still Sucks, but Librarian Made it Fun!  Empty Re: This Format still Sucks, but Librarian Made it Fun!

Post  Jamie_Alexander Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Big_Sav wrote:Haha, Jamie, am i starting to notice spelling errors?

Poor form Razz

Deck looks good, but i feel it's centered on 1 card far too much and with most Decks in the meta maining
1-2 Effect Veiler's, that could be a problem. Have you got any back-up strategies in case Mind Master gets done over?

This is an internet forum, nobody really cares that much, not even me any more.

Anyway, yes, the deck is centred on getting the Mind Master combo every game, and abusing the combo to the fullest extent possible. And, er, no, there is no back-up strategy in case Mind Master gets hit by Effect Veiler - if that happens, I scoop. This was never intended to be a competative deck, and it (or any other variation of it, even the main-stream versions) never, ever will be: Psychics are far too easy to counter, have no scale of redundency whatsoever, and lack even the slightest shred of versatility necessary to succeed in a game as diverse as Yu-Gi-Oh!. This is just something immensely fun for me to troll The-Freezing-Cold-Stupidly-Designed-Noob-Infested-Hell-Hole with.

-Jamie
Jamie_Alexander
Jamie_Alexander

http://traditionalformatacademy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down