Adelaide Duelists Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Um, Jamie, just how bored are you with this format, exactly?"

+3
Shnickerdoodles
Mr. Troll
Jamie_Alexander
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Um, Jamie, just how bored are you with this format, exactly?" Empty "Um, Jamie, just how bored are you with this format, exactly?"

Post  Jamie_Alexander Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:54 am

"Huh," replied Jamie, "was it really that obvious?"

This is the kind of Yu-Gi-Oh! vomit that gets spewed out when an overactive mind becomes disillusioned with the current state of the Advanced Format, and then recieves an abundance of boring clients at work. Although, I need to admit, I'm really happy I finally found a use for the playset of Super Rare, CP05 Giant Germs that have been sitting in my binder for the last two years.

Germ-DAD

Monster: 5

3 Giant Germ
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Morphing Jar

Spell: 13

3 Upstart Goblin
3 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
1 Giant Trunade
1 Swords of Revealing Light

Trap: 22

3 Reckless Greed
3 Jar of Greed
3 Legacy of Yata-Garasu
3 Dimensional Prison
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot
1 Mind Crush
1 Gravity Bind

You only need to draw one DARK to get the other two, instantly making the necessary three DARK Attribute Monsters for Dark Armed. Every other card either protects you or your Dark Armed, or draws you towards the win condition. I haven't actually tested it, but I don't really care if it doesn't work - it just looks sexy, both on paper and in real life (everything is in top rarity, obviously).

So, this is my latest random creation. Once I come back from Nats, Ill be dropping Wednesdays and working Sundays instead, which, although I'll miss out on going to GoodGames (and, after the announcement of the new 5K prize structure, I couldn't care less, to be honest), means I'll be able to go to Mind Games on Wednesday afternoons. Now, why they hold Yu-Gi-Oh! on a weekday afternoon, starting at 3pm, is beyond me, but if it's worth it I'll go every week and post more decks.

Also, my next essay will be posted on the blog either this afternoon or tonight, so make sure you guys check that out.

-Jamie
Jamie_Alexander
Jamie_Alexander

http://traditionalformatacademy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

"Um, Jamie, just how bored are you with this format, exactly?" Empty Re: "Um, Jamie, just how bored are you with this format, exactly?"

Post  Mr. Troll Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:48 pm

i got really bored too

i made a deck which uses both GB's and infernity Surprised

its terrible though... terribly fun with 10 monsters, 7 spells and 23 traps :O

Your deck looks fun as well, you should test it some time
i tested mine and went 1-3... i lost to 2 samurai deck and mark being a sack.....
Mr. Troll
Mr. Troll

http://mikal-is-awesome.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

"Um, Jamie, just how bored are you with this format, exactly?" Empty Re: "Um, Jamie, just how bored are you with this format, exactly?"

Post  Shnickerdoodles Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:57 pm

I don't get the idea O_o Like, If I used Dark Hole on your DAD, What happens? O_O
Is there an alternate win condition?
Shnickerdoodles
Shnickerdoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Sav Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:02 am

Ha, that looks fun. I'm tempted to play a Deck that's just annoying. No win condition. Just annoying.

I'm very much over this format, and once Librarian is released i will DEFINITELY be over it.

Sigh, i miss Tele-DAD. One Deck metas are good
Big_Sav
Big_Sav

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Troll Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:12 am

when librarian comes out this format is going to be shit.... er...
Mr. Troll
Mr. Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie_Alexander Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 am

Mikal: Infernity-GBs are pro. I remember I played GBs with Gravekeeper's Spies and DAD once - it was awesome. Stupid decks are fun.

I will eventually test it. Hopefully the Wednesday tournaments are worth going to, as well, so I can play more stupid decks.

Tyson: if you Dark Hole my Dark Armed, I reach across the table and punch you in the face. That's my alternate win condition.

Nick: I'm not sure about Librarian: it could make a completely rubbish format, but it could also make a decent format with only one or two top decks. Fabled and Fish. It could (I stress could) be good.

I completely agree with you about TeleDAD, though.

-Jamie
Jamie_Alexander
Jamie_Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  The Scrap Guy Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 am

I thought tele-Dad was a two deck meta. Tele-Dad, Black Garden
The Scrap Guy
The Scrap Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Troll Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:18 pm

The Scrap Guy wrote:I thought tele-Dad was a two deck meta. Tele-Dad, Black Garden

no, tele-Dadwas really when duelist genesis came oout... black garden came out in crossroads... plus black garden wouldnt stand a chance against the best yugioh deck ever!! (chaos is really close to it though...)
Mr. Troll
Mr. Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  The Scrap Guy Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:33 pm

then what format was black garden?
The Scrap Guy
The Scrap Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie_Alexander Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:57 pm

The Scrap Guy wrote:then what format was black garden?

What the hell are you talking about? It's Yu-Gi-Oh! history lesson time, I think.

We always refer to the September '08 format as TeleDAD Format, although, if we were to desribe it properly, it would be SynchroDAD Format; the first half of the format was, as most people seem to remember these days, ruled by TeleDAD (Teleport Dark Armed Dragon, just to clarify), a deck basd around creating massive Synchro Summons with Destiny Heroes and Psychics. Also, contrary to popular belief, TeleDAD was not an OTK deck - it was primarily a control deck, but could OTK given the right hand.

Towards the end of the format, however, heading into the Forbidden and Limited List changes in March of '09, premier players like Ryan Spicer and Chris Bowling realized that, although TeleDAD was incredibly powerful, it was too inconsistent - it was far too easy to draw dead copies of Emergency Teleport and Krebons. After the release of Crossroads of Chaos, they discovered that Plaguespreader Zombie, in and of itself, could function as an entire Synchro engine, thus creating the far superior PlagueDAD. Most people have forgotten about PlagueDAD for some reason, even though it was better in every single way to TeleDAD: it was faster, more controlling and, first and foremost, more consistent. We just say 'TeleDAD' so there's no confusion and we don't have to write out enormously long posts like this one.

Now, Black Garden was a popular Anti-Meta deck during this format, but it ultimately failed. The deck never had its own format, so I don't know what you are talking about with 'Black Garden format'.

-Jamie
Jamie_Alexander
Jamie_Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  The Scrap Guy Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:23 pm

ive seen soeone were that black garden dominated one of the jumps in this format but that must be false. i think the guy might of made a mistake with name of the deck or just could be makin up shit. How much did this cost!!. it must be a kadgillion dollar deck back then
The Scrap Guy
The Scrap Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Troll Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:19 pm

well dark armed's were 250 each and plagues were about 75 i think... all up im pretty sure the deck was close to $2000
Mr. Troll
Mr. Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  The Scrap Guy Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:23 pm

LOLOLOLOLOL

ill trad you my 1996 honda civic for your 40 peices of cardboard
The Scrap Guy
The Scrap Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuraudo Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Oh god, I lol'd reading this thread
Kuraudo
Kuraudo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shnickerdoodles Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Didn't Teledad format have a lot of GB in it too?
Then wasn't it like, Lightsworn format but they never won anything, they just had countless tops?
Shnickerdoodles
Shnickerdoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuraudo Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:47 am

GB was around, but Tele-DaD was just better
Kuraudo
Kuraudo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Troll Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Shnickerdoodles wrote:Didn't Teledad format have a lot of GB in it too?
Then wasn't it like, Lightsworn format but they never won anything, they just had countless tops?

U do realize that lightsworns were out b4 tele-dad but charge came out in tgds which made them rreally good...
Mr. Troll
Mr. Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Shnickerdoodles Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Mr. Troll wrote:
Shnickerdoodles wrote:Didn't Teledad format have a lot of GB in it too?

U do realize that lightsworns were out b4 tele-dad but charge came out in tgds which made them rreally good...

Yes I Know, LODT was before synchros, xD
Shnickerdoodles
Shnickerdoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Sav Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:06 pm

it was GB's then migrated to Lightsworn which then became better in TDGS but Tele-Dad also arose.
Tele-Dad was the primary control Deck but Lightsworns were quick with 3 charge, 3 lumina and 2 JD.
GB's died off once Solemn went to 1 and Bestiari with it.

Lightsworn also took a hit with Charge and Lumina to 1 and finally Tele-Dad died with Dad at 1, Teleport at 1, Mind Master at 1, Solemn at 1, Allure to 2, Destiny Draw to 1.

mmmmm, i miss that format. I have all the Tele-DaD stuff. We should host our own personal Tele-DaD tourney. We're the list is the September 2008 one.
Big_Sav
Big_Sav

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie_Alexander Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:44 am

Big_Sav wrote:it was GB's then migrated to Lightsworn which then became better in TDGS but Tele-Dad also arose.
Tele-Dad was the primary control Deck but Lightsworns were quick with 3 charge, 3 lumina and 2 JD.
GB's died off once Solemn went to 1 and Bestiari with it.

Lightsworn also took a hit with Charge and Lumina to 1 and finally Tele-Dad died with Dad at 1, Teleport at 1, Mind Master at 1, Solemn at 1, Allure to 2, Destiny Draw to 1.

mmmmm, i miss that format. I have all the Tele-DaD stuff. We should host our own personal Tele-DaD tourney. We're the list is the September 2008 one.

Yes! I would fly over just for that!

Also, TeleDAD never played Mind Master.

-Jamie
Jamie_Alexander
Jamie_Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Sav Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Yes, i know. But, i liked it. I made a test version on the DS game running 2 mind master 2 krebons and 3 teleports.

malicious - krebons - synchro - drop dad - blow shit up - e-tele - mind master - colossal - drop second dad - do more shit

it worked quite often as well.

but mind master at would allow Psychics to be as competitive cause it's broken.
Big_Sav
Big_Sav

Back to top Go down

Post  super_tim_meister Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:07 pm

they should make a really good format just like that more often ayy Very Happy
super_tim_meister
super_tim_meister

Back to top Go down

Post  Shnickerdoodles Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:22 pm

We should have a Tourny with the 08' format one week at Scw.

Have one the week after nats? Wink

I. Forbidden Cards
You cannot use these cards in your Deck, Extra Deck or Side Deck.

BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER - ENVOY OF THE BEGINNING
BUTTERFLY DAGGER - ELMA
CALL OF THE HAUNTED
CHANGE OF HEART
CHAOS EMPEROR DRAGON - ENVOY OF THE END
CHAOS SORCERER
CONFISCATION
CYBER JAR
CYBER-STEIN
DARK HOLE
DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS
DELINQUENT DUO
DESTINY HERO - DISK COMMANDER
DIMENSION FUSION
EXCHANGE OF THE SPIRIT
FIBER JAR
GRACEFUL CHARITY
HARPIE'S FEATHER DUSTER
IMPERIAL ORDER
LAST TURN
LAST WILL
MAGICAL SCIENTIST
MAGICIAN OF FAITH
MAKYURA THE DESTRUCTOR
METAMORPHOSIS
MIRAGE OF NIGHTMARE
PAINFUL CHOICE
POT OF GREED
PREMATURE BURIAL
RAIGEKI
RING OF DESTRUCTION
SINISTER SERPENT
SNATCH STEAL
THE FORCEFUL SENTRY
THOUSAND-EYES RESTRICT
TIME SEAL
TRIBE-INFECTING VIRUS
TSUKUYOMI
VICTORY DRAGON
WITCH OF THE BLACK FOREST
YATA-GARASU

NEW! - Dark Magician of Chaos, Destiny Hero - Disk Commander, Premature Burial

II. Limited Cards
You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck, Extra Deck & Side Deck combined.

ADVANCED RITUAL ART
BRAIN CONTROL
BREAKER THE MAGICAL WARRIOR
CARD DESTRUCTION
CARD TROOPER
CEASEFIRE
CRUSH CARD VIRUS
CYBER DRAGON
D. D. WARRIOR LADY
ELEMENTAL HERO STRATOS
EXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONE
FISSURE
FUTURE FUSION
GIANT TRUNADE
GOLD SARCOPHAGUS
GRAVITY BIND
GREEN BABOON, DEFENDER OF THE FOREST
HEAVY STORM
LEFT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
LEFT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
LEVEL LIMIT - AREA B
LIMITER REMOVAL
MAGIC CYLINDER
MARSHMALLON
MEGAMORPH
MIND CRUSH
MIRROR FORCE
MONSTER REBORN
MONSTER GATE
MORPHING JAR
MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON
NEO-SPACIAN GRAND MOLE
NIGHT ASSAILANT
OJAMA TRIO
OVERLOAD FUSION
RAIZA THE STORM MONARCH
REASONING
RETURN FROM THE DIFFERENT DIMENSION
RIGHT ARM OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
RIGHT LEG OF THE FORBIDDEN ONE
SANGAN
SCAPEGOAT
SMASHING GROUND
SNIPE HUNTER
SPIRIT REAPER
SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT
THE TRANSMIGRATION PROPHECY
TORRENTIAL TRIBUTE
TRAP DUSTSHOOT
TREEBORN FROG
TWIN-HEADED BEHEMOTH
ULTIMATE OFFERING
UNITED WE STAND
WALL OF REVEALING LIGHT

NEW! - Breaker the Magical Warrior, Cyber Dragon, Monster Gate, Reasoning

III. Semi-Limited Cards
You can ONLY use two of the following cards in the Deck, Extra Deck & Side Deck combined.

BOOK OF MOON
CARD OF SAFE RETURN
CHAIN STRIKE
DARK ARMED DRAGON
FOOLISH BURIAL
JUDGMENT DRAGON
MAGICAL STONE EXCAVATION
MANTICORE OF DARKNESS
MASK OF DARKNESS
NECROFACE
NOBLEMAN OF CROSSOUT
PHANTOM OF CHAOS
RESCUE CAT

NEW! - Card of Safe Return, Chain Strike, Dark Armed Dragon, Judgment Dragon, Nobleman of Crossout, Phantom of Chaos, Rescue Cat

That'd be The Banlist.

Just make it no Ftk's, (Frogtk) And We've got ourselves a tourny? xD

Shnickerdoodles
Shnickerdoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  Shnickerdoodles Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:49 pm

Monsters: 20
2 Tragoedia
2 Dark Armed Dragon
3 Mezuki
3 Goblin Zombie
3 Destiny Hero Malicious
1 Destiny Hero Diamond Dude
1 E-Hero Stratos
2 Plaguespreder Zombie
2 Dark Grepher
1 Zombie Master

Spells: 16
3 Burial From A Different Dimension
3 Allure Of Darkness
3 D-Draw
2 Card of Safe Return
2 Foolish Burial
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole

Traps: 4
1 Crush Card Virus
3 Solemn Judgment
1 Royal Oppresion

I'd Play This XD
Shnickerdoodles
Shnickerdoodles

Back to top Go down

Post  Big_Sav Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:46 pm

i'd prob go something like this:

2 dark armed dragon
3 destiny hero malicious
1 gorz the emissary of darkness

3 krebons
2 destiny hero diamond dude
1 mind master
1 elemental hero stratos
1 plaguespreader zombie
-14-

3 destiny draw
3 upstart goblin
3 emergency teleport
3 allure of darkness
2 book of moon
1 rota
1 storm
1 reborn
1 dark hole
1 d.d.r
1 trunade
-20-

3 solemn
1 torrential
1 crush card virus
1 royal oppression
-6-

or something like that.
Big_Sav
Big_Sav

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next