T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Go down

T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Jamie_Alexander on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:03 am

Wow, this forum kind of just died, didn't it. Fear not! I will now be posting decks to hopefully get some discussion going (note: I'll only be posting Advanced Format decks - to see my Traditional Format decks, as well as an in-depth analysis of them, visit my blog as always).

The first deck I will post is something I've been working on quite a lot recently: a really fast Plant Synchro deck based around an OTK that I call T.P.S., or Turbo Plant Synchro (I thought about calling it PST, pronounced 'Pssssst', but I decided that was stupid). For those playing back in the glory days of 2008 (or those who have gone back and read the articles and feature matches on Metagame.com (I suggest you do, if you haven't already)), this idea came from the Dark Armed Dragon Turbo decks made popular by Shane Scurry and Vincent Tundo just before The Duelist Genesis was released.

The Monsters: 18

3 Broww, Hunstman of Dark World
3 Destiny Hero - Plasma
2 Dandylion
2 Destiny Hero - Malicious
1 Glow-up Bulb
1 Spore
1 Plaguespreader Zombie
1 Necro Gardna
1 Elemental Hero Stratos
1 Dark Armed Dragon
1 Morphing Jar
1 <Level Eight Monster>

The Spells: 19

3 Upstart Goblin
3 Dark World Dealings
3 Hand Destruction
2 Trade-in
1 Destiny Draw
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Card Destruction
1 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Giant Trunade
1 Monster Reborn
1 Foolish Burial
1 One for One

The Traps: 3

3 Reckless Greed

At the moment, I'm filling the last Monster slot (the fourth Level Eight Monster) with Tytannial, Princess of Camellias, but I'm seriously considering Darklrod Zerato or Light and Darkness Dragon instead.

-Jamie
avatar
Jamie_Alexander

Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile http://traditionalformatacademy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  The Scrap Guy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:35 am

maybe LADD for the level eight
avatar
The Scrap Guy

Posts : 714
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 22
Location : 123 fake street 8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Big_Sav on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Shocked
a spelling error Jamie!!!!!

Darklrod??


I'd suggest Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon for the level 8 monster. It's Secret Rare Wink

or Mazera DeVille

Archlord Zerato
Archlord Kristya
Darklord Superbia
Darklord Asmodeus

just a few suggestions Razz
avatar
Big_Sav

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 27
Location : Adelaide, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Jamie_Alexander on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:04 am

The scrap guy: I do like Light and Darkness Dragon, because it does introduce another layer of verstility to the deck. However, I don't really think a single control card is really sufficient enough for that purpose (and, if I did want to add control elements, I would do it with Mirror Force, Torrential Tribute or other Trap Cards).

I think Darklord Zerato is the best choice here, for it can easily be summoned and can assist in the OTK.

Nick: well, yeah, haven't you ever heard of Darklrod Zerato - he's pro... seriously, though, there had to be one eventually.

I quite liked your list of options for the fourth Level Eight Monster, but I was also considering:

Volcanic Doomfire,
Majestic Mech - Goryu,
Ally of Justice Thunder Armor,
Worm Queen,
Beast Machine King Barbaros Ur, or
Masked Beast Des Gardius.

I was intending for there to be discussion pertaining to the general idea of the deck and the current build I have presented as a whole, and not just what the last card should be.

Also, the reason discussions end prematurely is because people only post suggestions without adequate (or any) explanation. I really want to get some decent discussion going here, so help me out. The only way people will get better is by sharing ideas and talking about things.

-Jamie
avatar
Jamie_Alexander

Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile http://traditionalformatacademy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  The Scrap Guy on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:31 am

what about reptiliane vaskii

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 2 face-up monsters with 0 ATK from anywhere on the field. Once per turn, you can select and destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. There can only be 1 face-up "Reptilianne Vaskii" on the field.

this can work with dandy tokens

avatar
The Scrap Guy

Posts : 714
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 22
Location : 123 fake street 8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Big_Sav on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:23 pm

Jamie_Alexander wrote:The scrap guy: I do like Light and Darkness Dragon, because it does introduce another layer of verstility to the deck. However, I don't really think a single control card is really sufficient enough for that purpose (and, if I did want to add control elements, I would do it with Mirror Force, Torrential Tribute or other Trap Cards).

I think Darklord Zerato is the best choice here, for it can easily be summoned and can assist in the OTK.

Nick: well, yeah, haven't you ever heard of Darklrod Zerato - he's pro... seriously, though, there had to be one eventually.

I quite liked your list of options for the fourth Level Eight Monster, but I was also considering:

Volcanic Doomfire,
Majestic Mech - Goryu,
Ally of Justice Thunder Armor,
Worm Queen,
Beast Machine King Barbaros Ur, or
Masked Beast Des Gardius.

I was intending for there to be discussion pertaining to the general idea of the deck and the current build I have presented as a whole, and not just what the last card should be.

Also, the reason discussions end prematurely is because people only post suggestions without adequate (or any) explanation. I really want to get some decent discussion going here, so help me out. The only way people will get better is by sharing ideas and talking about things.

-Jamie

Well, in all seriousness, Darklord Zerato is possibly the ideal choice. It's a 2800 beater. Easily revivable, comes with an awesome mass destruction effect.

Although, Light and Darkness Dragon could result in some awesome combos.
Also, no love for Scapegoat?
It basically screams for Plasma.
avatar
Big_Sav

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 27
Location : Adelaide, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Jamie_Alexander on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:54 pm

The scrap guy: it's a nice idea, I will admit, but I rarely actually have the Fluff Tokens on the field very long - I always Synchro with them. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Nick: Turbo decks never summon the Level Eight Destiny Hero (case-in-point: Dark Armed Dragon Turbo played Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster, an otherwise completely useless card): the only purpose it serves is as a searchable draw card target (which was more apparent when we had multiple Destiny Draws and Allure of Darknesses). The only reason I'm playing Plasma is because my Ulti Dogmas are in my Traditional deck, and my Ulti Dreadmasters are on the way (two from eBay and one in a Pojo trade).

Also, Darklord Zerato is the perfect choice.

-Jamie
avatar
Jamie_Alexander

Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile http://traditionalformatacademy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  The Scrap Guy on Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:06 pm

this may seem crazy but what about fabled raven. you run three broww an you can get dead draws and not draw into hand destruction or darkworld dealings and it can be useful to dump malicious, spore, glow up bulb, dandy and plaguespreader . it also sets up a lot of combos with dandy and plague.
avatar
The Scrap Guy

Posts : 714
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 22
Location : 123 fake street 8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Big_Sav on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Jamie_Alexander wrote:The scrap guy: it's a nice idea, I will admit, but I rarely actually have the Fluff Tokens on the field very long - I always Synchro with them. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Nick: Turbo decks never summon the Level Eight Destiny Hero (case-in-point: Dark Armed Dragon Turbo played Destiny Hero - Dreadmaster, an otherwise completely useless card): the only purpose it serves is as a searchable draw card target (which was more apparent when we had multiple Destiny Draws and Allure of Darknesses). The only reason I'm playing Plasma is because my Ulti Dogmas are in my Traditional deck, and my Ulti Dreadmasters are on the way (two from eBay and one in a Pojo trade).

Also, Darklord Zerato is the perfect choice.

-Jamie

Yes, but it would be awesome if you COULD summon it..... but then again, it's best to use Shinier cards..
avatar
Big_Sav

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 27
Location : Adelaide, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Shnickerdoodles on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Why no LaDD?
avatar
Shnickerdoodles

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  The Scrap Guy on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:08 pm


Yes, but it would be awesome if you COULD summon it..... but then again, it's best to use Shinier cards..[/quote]

thats why cold wave should be banned
avatar
The Scrap Guy

Posts : 714
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 22
Location : 123 fake street 8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Big_Sav on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:36 pm

that doesn't make sense. your talking about something completely different.
avatar
Big_Sav

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 27
Location : Adelaide, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  The Scrap Guy on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:22 pm

you just said its best to use shiny cards but cold wave has always been common, thats why it should be banned.............................................. its also severly broken
avatar
The Scrap Guy

Posts : 714
Join date : 2011-01-06
Age : 22
Location : 123 fake street 8)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Big_Sav on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:08 pm

still doesn't make sense. think before you type.

and yes, Cold Wave is broke. I fail to see how this affects the shine factor of the card itself.
avatar
Big_Sav

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 27
Location : Adelaide, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Jamie_Alexander on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:22 am

Nick: I can summon Plasma if I absolutely need to, like if I've clogged my field with tokens.

Tyson: Light and Darkness Dragon has already been discussed.

-Jamie
avatar
Jamie_Alexander

Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile http://traditionalformatacademy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Big_Sav on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:54 am

Hence why i said it's probably better than Dreadmaster....
avatar
Big_Sav

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 27
Location : Adelaide, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Shnickerdoodles on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Ooooh I See Now, (But why were you suggesting pointless level 8's? I mean, i see how it's just a trade in target but if you need the monster its good to have a useful one.) :p

Also, Archlord Kristya? Level 8, Prevents Comeback By DAD Ect,
avatar
Shnickerdoodles

Posts : 452
Join date : 2010-08-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Jamie_Alexander on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:15 pm

Shnickerdoodles wrote:Ooooh I See Now, (But why were you suggesting pointless level 8's? I mean, i see how it's just a trade in target but if you need the monster its good to have a useful one.) :p

Because we were being silly.

-Jamie
avatar
Jamie_Alexander

Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-09-05
Age : 28

View user profile http://traditionalformatacademy.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Big_Sav on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Everyone knows you can't run a competitive Deck unless it's uber Expensive.

Hence why Superbia made the list.
avatar
Big_Sav

Posts : 1156
Join date : 2010-08-03
Age : 27
Location : Adelaide, Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: T.P.S. - Turbo Plant Synchro

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum